Nottinghamshire Heritage Forum was founded in 2011 with members from Local Authority, University and independent museums, heritage attractions and sites throughout the county. The Forum provides a friendly network of support, enabling members to share information, discuss current issues and take part in training.
The Forum’s purpose is to support, develop and promote museums and heritage collections in the county of Nottinghamshire:
- To promote, support, develop and represent the interests of Forum members within the county of Nottinghamshire
- To encourage continuation and improvement of liaison and support from statutory authorities
- To maintain a Forum network of contacts and to encourage co-operation amongst Forum members
- To promote the improvements in the standards of care and management of museums and heritage collections
- To promote access to collections and associated information for all inhabitants and visitors to the county of Nottinghamshire
- To assist in the identification of funding opportunities for the benefit of members
The Forum committee:
Bev Baker, Galleries of Justice Museum (Chair)
Carol King, National Civil War Centre (Vice Chair)
Gavin Walker, Ruddington Village Museum (Treasurer)
Neville Stankley, Nottingham Trent University (co-opted)
Audrey Winkler, Framework Knitters Museum
Rachael Evans, Nottingham City Museums & Galleries
Sue Clayton, Flintham Museum
Joining the Forum
Membership of the Forum is be open to any individual, body, corporate or unincorporated association which manages and promotes access to a museum or other heritage collection in Nottinghamshire or is interested in the Forum’s work.
The current membership fee is £25 per annum. If you would like further details about joining the forum and the benefits of membership, please contact us.
The Forum receives invaluable support for its activities from the following organisations:
- Arts Council England
- Museum Development East Midlands
- Nottinghamshire County Council
- Nottingham City Council
- Nottingham Trent University
With the help of our members and supporters, the Forum is working hard to promote the county’s history and heritage.