Part time, 9:30 to 5pm, 3 days per week over a 6 day rota, working alternate Saturdays
Salary pro rata to Scale 2 £15,507-£16,191 pa, (Subject to Job Evaluation)
We are looking for an individual with a passion for customer care and an interest in history to join our small, dedicated team engaged in day to day operational delivery of a museum service of the highest standard.
This is a varied and interesting role involving managing museum collections; processing new acquisitions, the handling, storage and care of museum objects, general reception duties and running the museum shop. In addition you will be involved in planning and booking exhibitions and planning and construction of museum displays and exhibitions.
Ideally you will have experience of working within a museum, heritage or similar environment and essentially you should possess:
• 5 GCSEs or equivalent, including Maths and English,
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• High levels of accuracy in recording information and following procedures
• Excellent customer care skills
• Ability to work within a team and on own initiative
• Good IT skills, including experience of working with computers including word, excel, e mail and confidence utilising social media
• Ability to assist in delivering events and activities to adults and children
The benefits include a minimum of 24 days annual leave, in addition to bank holidays and a generous pension scheme.
Please quote position reference REG0413P on the application form.
CLOSING DATE: 12 noon, 6th March 2017
INTERVIEW DATE: To be confirmed