The Heritage Awards are an to gather with colleagues and stakeholders, celebrate the work of Nottinghahshire’s heritage organisations and showcase best practice. In previous years the awards have generated great publicity for all the participants and helped to raise the profile of heritage in Nottinghahshire.
Although the Heritage Forum has worked in partnership with Renaissance East Midlands to support the awards in previous years, 2014 will be our second occasion running them as an independent body. We are grateful to Nottingham Trent University for providing sponsorship for the awards and a venue for the ceremony, and support from the Culture Syndicates with the administration of the awards.
The categories, eligibility and timetable are:
- Best Event
- Best Exhibition
- Award for the Care & Development of Collections
- Award for Work with Children & Young People
- Inspiration Award for Best Special Project
- New for 2014 Special Contribution Award
- Heritage Site of the Year
- All activity must have been undertaken between 1st May 2012 and 30th April 2014
- Entry is open to forum members, except for the Special Contribution Award which is open to all individuals and organsiations involved with heritage activities in Nottinghamshire
- Closing Date for entries: Sunday 1st June
- Short listing will take place during the week commencing June 9th. All entrants will be notified of the results of this stage by early in the week commencing June 16th.
- Judging visits, where relevant, are expected to be during the week commencing June 23rd.
- Winners will be announced at the ceremony on July 17th.
The awards ceremony will be on the evening of Thursday July 17th at the Nottingham Conference Centre, Nottingham Trent University, Burton Street.